With our ski waxes, we cover all necessary areas, including the long haul. For the long distance or folk races and races from 5km, great emphasis is placed on durability and dirt resistance.
For this discipline we recommend the following products:
COLD (dry snow): NORDIC ULTRA BASE + HIGHSPEED Powder COLD
MEDIUM (wet snow): NORDIC ULTRA BASE + HIGHSPEED Powder MIDDLE
WARM (wet snow): HFW1 nero + HIGHSPEED Powder WARM
How to properly apply these fluor powders and what is needed? You will learn about this in the following steps:
- First, the fluorine powder must be evenly distributed over the coating.
- Then iron quickly over the coating with the iron to the left and right of the center groove.
- Edges and center groove also need to be ironed. Please be sure to observe the specified ironing temperature.
- After about 2 minutes, the fluor powder can be infiltrated. For this purpose, it is best to use a fleece roller at approx. 1000 rpm or a hand cork.
- Then allow the wax to cool and remove it after about 15 minutes.
- Peel off the wax with a plexi blade, not forgetting the edges. If necessary, clean the center groove with the groove pin.
- After removal, finely brush out the coating with the bronze brush in the direction of travel and with great care.
- Finally, brush out hard with the nylon brush and then finish lightly with the polishing cloth.
With these simple steps, you’ll always be well equipped wax-wise for the long haul.